Connswater HomesCould you find the money to replace the contents of your home if they were destroyed? With competing pressures on your household budget, house contents insurance may not seem a priority right now. But we urge everyone, to have their possessions insured - after all, the contents of your home are YOUR responsibility.
If the contents of your home were destroyed or badly damaged by fire or flooding, could you find the money to replace them?
Over the past few years there have been many examples of extensive damage being caused by flooding, fire and severe cold spells resulting in burst pipes. Many of those who suffered had no insurance.
There are numerous contents insurance policies available and you can obtain details by looking in your Yellow Pages or contacting your local insurance broker.
Forms are available here for a scheme specifically geared for this market and recommended by Supporting Communities NI.
The policy benefits include:
  • No excess payable in the event of a claim
  • Low minimum sums insured
  • Fortnightly payments
Premiums start from as little as £2 a fortnight. For more details or instant cover, you can call 08456 718 172.
However, always remember to shop around and get several quotations, before making your final decision.
By thinking "It won't happen to me", you could cause a crisis you needn't have suffered. Get your possessions insured!